JAL Scholarship Program is recruiting University students We are inviting those university students from Asia and Oceania who want to make a contribution to society, care about the environmental issues and have an interest in Japan, to come to Japan.
Introduction to the 2008 Program
– Theme : “The world in 20 years – problems and solutions”
– Duration : June 29 – July 15, 2008 (17 days)
– Program Contents :
- Lectures for Globally Minded CitizensStudents will gain knowledge in such areas as Japanese culture, the environment and social issues.
- Student SessionsStudents will participate in group discussions based on the program`s theme.
- Asia ForumThe forum will be made up of lectures and a public symposium, as well as Japanese cultural experiences. It will take place in Kanazawa, Ishikawa Prefecture.
- Field TripAn overnight trip to a location outside of Tokyo.
The students will deepen their understanding of Japan by experiencing Japanese customs and lifestyles first-hand.
How to apply
All interested students with appropriate qualifications are invited to submit an application essay in English. The essay should be 800 words or less in length, and discuss an engaging issue that is based upon the program`s theme.
Application essays should be submitted to your nearest JAL branch office (or Japan Asia Airways in Taiwan). The JAL Foundation reserves the right to use the submitted essays for various purposes. The branch office committees will interview applicants who successfully complete the first round of judging. For more details regarding the program and application procedures, please contact your nearest JAL branch office shown below.
Japan Airlines branch offices
Australia Level14 201 Sussex Street Sydney,
Wisma Kyoei Prince Building 2nd Floor
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 3-4
Jakarta Pusat 10220
Tel: 021-572-3235Fax: 021-572-3236
Sumber : pusatinfobeasiswa